Wayne Lee Law

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How much does it cost to talk to an attorney about an injury or disability claim?
Answer: Nothing, our initial consultations are free and can be conducted face-to-face statewide, over the phone, or through email.
Many times, the other party has an insurance company with an experienced claims adjuster representing them. It is their job to save money, delay benefits, and deny claims.
The sooner you hire an experienced attorney, the better your chances of success. Contact us today!


What should I do if I get hurt on the job?

A: Immediately report any accident to your supervisor and your HR/workers' compensation department.
B: Write down what happened, why it happened, and who witnessed it.
C: Take pictures with your cell phone if possible.
D: Seek medical treatment and make sure each injured body part is evaluated.

What kind of on-the-job injuries are covered?

A: Single event injuries to any part of the body.
B: Cumulative trauma injuries from repetitive motions.
C: Occupational diseases that cause internal systemic injuries, like radiation poisoning or asbestosis.

How long do I have to report an accident?

It depends on when you were hurt:
A: Before February 1, 2014: two (2) years from the date of injury in most cases.
B: After February 1, 2014: one year after the accident or six (6) months if no treatment is received.

What if I don't like my employer's doctor?

There are many limitations on treatment options and doctor selections. Unauthorized treatment may even be billed to the injured worker. At a minimum, every injured worker is usually entitled to at least one (1) change of doctor.

What benefits can I expect?

Again, it depends on the date of injury.
A: Generally, before February 1, 2014, an injured worker can expect medical treatment, Temporary Total Disability (salary replacement), Permanent Disability (partial or total), continued medical maintenance (usually limited to ongoing prescriptions), and vocational rehabilitation.
B: For injuries after February 1, 2014, injured workers can expect many of the same benefits, only at reduced rates and for far less time. In fact, in some cases, if the worker returns to the pre-injury job, he/she may not receive any awarded PPD.


What do I do if I have been injured in a motor vehicle accident?

A: Make a police report.
B: Take pictures.
C: Seek immediate medical treatment for each separate body part injured.
D: Do not give any statements at the scene, (except to cooperate with emergency personnel)
E: Report the accident and your injuries to your insurance company.
F: Obtain the other drivers information, his/her insurance information, and the name and phone number of all witnesses.

What if the insurance company will not pay what my car is worth?

You have the right to get your own estimate from a repair shop you trust.

What payments can be made to victims of personal injury?

A: Out-of-pocket expenses for towing, car rental, mileage for medical treatment, and prescriptions.
B: Expenses of treatment
C: Expenses of repairs
D: Lost wages
E: Pain and suffering
Unfortunately, many motorists have very limited insurance coverage and a separate claim can be made against your own policy for medical payments and uninsured/underinsured coverage.


How do I know if I even qualify to make a claim for Social Security Disability?

A: Have a disability that has or will last one year or more.
B: Have paid into the Social Security system through payroll taxes or self-employment taxes and worked consistently and recently enough to qualify.
C: Sometimes, the date of onset of your disability can control your eligibility.

How do I make a claim?

Most initial claims are made at the local office or on the internet. Most initial claims are denied. An immediate appeal must be filed at that point.

What evidence is used to determine disability?

The medical records from your treating doctors, mental health counselors, and other health providers are reviewed.

What if I receive an insurance settlement or had a workers compensation claim?

Other settlements and claims may not affect your eligibility to receive disability benefits, but they may reduce the amount of your payment.

How do I pay for help with my appeal?

A percentage of accrued benefits are paid for fees and expenses.
Remember, time is on your opponents' side. The longer it takes to make a report or receive medical treatment, the greater the likelihood they will prevail. Protect yourself and your family today. Contact us to discuss your case!

Contact Details

Wayne Lee Law

Ponca City, OK
204 E Grand Ave., Ponca City, OK 74601
(580)762-5553 Office | (580)762-2271 Fax
Stillwater, OK
711 S. Husband, Stillwater, OK 74074
P.O. BOX 1785, Stillwater, OK 74076
(405)742-7452 Office

Ways We Help

  • Worker's Compensation
  • Social Security
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury

Go to top of page